The use of acupuncture has a long history in the prevention and curing disease. Increasingly, acupuncture is being used around the world to successfully treat complex disease patterns that bio-medicine has little or no success with.
In the simplest terms, acupuncture helps catapult the body, mind, and spirit into the right bio-cosmological rhythm or back into balance.
Acupuncture is preventive, curative, and restorative.
Moxibustion is the use of burning an herb (moxa or mugwort) on acu-points or on a needle. It is a way of driving heat into point directly or through a needle.
The World Health Organization’s list of what acupuncture can treat
1) Infections: colds and flu, bronchitis, hepatitis.
2) Internal: hypoglycemia, asthma, high blood pressure, ulcers, colitis, indigestion, diarrhea, diabetes, constipation, and hemorrhoids.
3) Eyes-ears-nose-throat: deafness, ringing the ears, earaches, poor eyesight, dizziness, sinus infection, sore throat, allergies.
4) Dermatological: eczema, acne, herpes.
5) Musculo-skeletal and neurologic: arthritis, neuralgia, sciatica, back pain, bursitis, tendonitis, stiff neck, Bell’s palsy, Trigeminal neuralgia, headache, migraine, stroke, sprains.
6) Genito-Urinary and reproductive: impotence, infertility, PMS, vaginitis, irregular period, cramps, morning sickness.
7) Mental-Emotional: anxiety, depression, stress, drug addiction, insomnia. Ken has over eleven years of clinical experience with diagnosis and acupuncture treatment.